Racquetball Canada 2017 National Championships
Open Division Winners
Men's Singles - Mike Green (Burlington, Ontario)
Women's Singles - Frédérique Lambert (Montréal)
Men's Doubles - Mike Green (Burlington, Ontario) & Trevor Webb (Cambridge, Ontario)
Women's Doubles - Michèle Morissette (Baie Comeau, Québec) & Christine Richardson (Winnipeg)
Congratulations to them & the winners of the other categories at the 2017 Canadian Racquetball Championships in Brossard, Québec. Thanks also to everyone who participated in this year's Nationals.
Junior Team Canada
Racquetball Canada congratulates the players who qualified for the 2017 Junior National Team from their performances at the 2017 Canadian Junior Championships in Leamington, Ontario. They will compete at the 2017 World Junior Championships in Minneapolis, Minnesota in November. The team members are:
- Alexis Iwaasa (Lethbridge, Alta.) & Annie Fisher (Burlington, Ont.) - Girl's U18
- Trevor Webb (Cambridge, Ont.) & Simon Comeau (Valleyfield, Que.) - Boy's U18
- Cassie Prentice (Macrorie, Sask.) & Camila Wilscam (Repentigny, Que.) - Girl's U16
- Sean Sauvé (L'Assomption, Que.) & Ian Frattinger (Martensville, Sask.) - Boy's U16
- Juliette Parent (Saint Jacques de Montcalm, Que.) & Riley Sommerville (Langley, B.C.) - Girl's U14
- Nathan Jauvin (Terrebonne, Que.) & Naman Gauri (Lethbridge, Alta.) - Boy's U14
2017-18 National Tournaments - Bid Proposals
Racquetball Canada is seeking bids for its four national tournaments for the 2017-2018 season.
Selection event #1, to be hosted in November – bid to be received by October 30, 2016
Selection event # 2 to be hosted in February – bid to be received by January 31, 2017
Junior Nationals to be hosted in April – bid to be received by March 31, 2017
Nationals to be hosted in May – bid to be received by April 30, 2017
Please request a bid package from Adrian Webb via email.
Racquetball & Parkinsons
Jacques Seguin uses racquetball to help cope with his Parkinson's condition. Find out how at his website.
Also, Nova Scotia Racquetball has created a video of how racquetball can help people deal with their Parkinson's disorder. You can see the video here.
Let's Play Racquetball
Racquetball Canada has launched its "Let's Play Racquetball" Website - www.letsplayracquetball.ca - designed to get younger players (7-14 years) playing racquetball at both traditional racquetball facilities and other facilities that don't have racquetball courts.
Racquetball Canada is now on Follow us!
Like Racquetball Canada on Facebook.